Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chasing Rubies

It's kicking in, this idea that I'll make it.
I'm dropping all the weights and chains
That kept me stationed back with "maybe"
And doing as I feel.
I'm making motions, striking chords,
Taking strides towards
Whatever is coming at me.

I'm plowing into darkness,
A fog of secrecy wrapping about my lungs,
But through the process
I am content.
Ready, aware, content
That regardless where I end,
I end there for a purpose;
For a reason undisputed by God.

It is comfort, this strength,
This remarkable means of letting go.
It is security to choose,
To strike a match of agency
And let the fire loose.

I am ready here, and waiting.
Good things are coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
I'm a Mormon. I'm a writer. I'm a theatre-enthusiast. I'm an improviser. I'm a cake-decorator. I'm a Jason Mraz fan. I'm a poet. I'm a slob. And I'm happy you're reading.