But I have the motivation this year. I pretty much have to. I mean, after all, this is the last summer.
What shall I accomplish on this my final summer of careless freedom? So glad you inquired. Here is my list. My "Bucket List", if you will:
- wake up at no later than 9:00 am each day (so I actually have some "summer days" instead of just those "summer nights" (kudos if you caught the musical pun))
- establish a habit of practicing piano and voice lessons nearly everyday
- read all the books on my bookshelf that haven't been read (I'm thinking of starting with "A Summer to Die". I don't know why. It just somehow seems relevant.)
- finally write that soon-to-be best selling novel (Cris Wooding published his first book at age 19. I gotta beat him.)
- get a smokin' tan
- get a smokin' bod
- get a smokin' man (hey, that inadvertently rhymed)
- read the Book of Mormon (We started yesterday as a Young Womens. So far I'm behind.)
- finish all, if not most, of my Personal Progress (yes, I am indeed a procrastinator)
- fix that horrible dent en mi coche (translation: fix that horrible dent in my car)
- compose accompaniment for one of my songs (I secretly want to try Battle of the Bands next year. And when that doesn't work at least I'll have something for Choir Semester Projects.)
- hit the gym with Erin. Maybe Lexi too (this kinda goes hand in hand with "get a smokin' bod")
- watch a movie with Lexi every Tuesday night (so far on the list: Muppets in Space, Back to the Future, Oliver and Company...)
- beat Zombies Vs. Plants (must... hear... tricycle song... *twitch*)
- figure out who's on my top five Hottest Celebrities (so far on the list: Jason Mraz, the young Michael J. Fox, and that dude that plays Steve in All About Steve)
- create a computer virus
Okay, that last one's total BS, but I felt I had to end it nicely somehow. And to me, "nice" can only be achieved by a homemade gift. Such as a computer virus.
Well, that is all I have to say here. I wanted to leave you a video of the Daphne Willis hit that has, for the time being, become my Summer Anthem. But, alas, that's the trouble with fresh, unheard artists. Their youtube video base is severely lacking.
Sometimes I forget how lucky I am that there are pathetic fans who video my singer of choice.
Mraz stalkers, Unite!